Vishmitha Inc. is an information technology service provider. Headquartered in Colombo, Sri Lanka, we provide web hosting solutions including dedicated servers and virtual private servers to our customers. Vishmitha Inc has data center locations in Ann Arbor, MI, Phoenix, AZ, and Amsterdam, NL. Our customers are responsible for the information they or their end users store in our hosting environment as well as compliance with Vishmitha Inc’s acceptable use guidelines and applicable laws related to the stored information.
SCOPE OF POLICY
Vishmitha Inc collects “personally identifiable” and “non-personally identifiable” information about you when you access our website, purchase our services, or communicate with us using tools on our website. This information is provided to Vishmitha Inc manually by you or automatically collected through information gathering tools such as cookies and web beacons.
“Personally Identifiable Information” is information linked to your identity. Vishmitha Inc collects the following personally identifying information: your name, email address, physical address,
phone number, credit card information, login credentials, and/or other such information that you would provide to register to use Vishmitha Inc’s services.
“Non-personally Identifiable Information” is information that does not determine your identity like web server logs, internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, or personally identifiable
information that has been removed or hidden (e.g. aggregation). We may also collect non personally identifiable information as anonymous information. Vishmitha Inc does not intentionally collect or maintain, and does not want you to provide, sensitive information such as race or ethnicity, medical condition, or religious beliefs.
COMPLIANCE WITH THE EU GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
According to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of The European Parliament and of The Council of 27 April 2016 which repealed the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC Vishmitha Inc. takes all the possible technical and organizational measures acknowledged by the applicable law in the Data protection field to protect any data we may store, operate or process about our clients.
How do we store and protect our clients` personal information
Your information collected through Vishmitha Inc. Services may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country that Vishmitha Inc. operates in. Vishmitha Inc. does not transfer your information to a country or jurisdiction that does not have the same high requirements for data protection as the laws of your jurisdiction.
For any possible transfer of data outside EU borders, we guarantee the adequate level of data protection by means of contractual stipulations or other instruments as acknowledged by applicable law.
All information that we collect is stored online on servers owned and operated by Vishmitha Inc. We guarantee the adequate level of data protection as we have taken the necessary actions to avoid the exposure of your personal information to third parties which include the following steps:
- The servers we store your personal information on are located in datacenter facilities with high security standards which include physical ID check for access, 24/7/365 onsite personnel and video control.
- The servers we use for storing personal information require a certain type of authentication and have security measures in place to avoid 3rd party unauthorized access.
- All staff members of Vishmitha Inc. who have access to your personal information have signed non-disclosure agreements not to use your information except for the purposes of performing their job.
- Vishmitha Inc. is concerned with protecting your privacy and data, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Vishmitha Inc. services or guarantee that your information on Vishmitha Inc. services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards. When you enter sensitive information (such as username and password) on our order form or client area, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure though. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information please contact us. We use an outside platform, and a credit card processing company to bill you if you purchase services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purposes.
- For EU customers, Vishmitha Inc. complies with the EU General Data Protection Regulation as set by the European Union regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data.
- We use your information, given by you – other that client data – to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the service you requested and to provide support to you in regards to the service. We process client data solely in accordance with the directions provided by applicable client or user.
- We respect you privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the personal data you may have provided through your use of the services. If you wish to access or amend any personal data that we hold about you, or to request that we delete any information about you that we have obtained through the use of our services, you may contact us at any time as set forth in the “Contact us” page on our website. At your request, we will have any reference to you deleted or blocked in our database.
You may update, correct or delete your account information at any time from your client area. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable amount of time, we may retain all information you submit for prevention of fraud, abuse or other legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
You may decline to provide some personal information to us, in which case we may not be able to provide some of the features of the service.
- We only retain the personal data collected from a user for as long as the account is active or otherwise for a limited period of time as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise required by law. We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Vishmitha Inc. does not own, control or direct the use of any of the client’s data stored or processed through the use of our services. Only the user is entitled to access, retrieve and direct the use of such client data. Vishmitha Inc. is unaware of what client data is actually being stored or made available by a client of the service and does not access directly such client data except as authorized by the client, or as necessary to provide the services to the client as requested.
Because Vishmitha Inc. does not collect or determine the use of any personal data contained in the client data and because it does not determine the purposes for which such personal data is collected nor its use, Vishmitha Inc. is not acting in the capacity of data controller in terms of the General Data Protection Regulation and does not have the associated responsibilities under EU law Vishmitha Inc. is responsible only for Hosting according to art. 14 of the DIRECTIVE 2000/31/EC Of The European Parliament And Of The Council of 8 June 2000. Vishmitha Inc. should be considered only as a processor on behalf of its clients as to any client data containing personal information that is subject to the requirements of GDPR. The client is the data controller under the Regulation for any client data containing personal information, meaning that such party controls the manner such personal data is collected and used as well as determination of the purposes and means of the processing of such personal data.
Vishmitha Inc. is not responsible for the content of the personal data contained in the client data or other information stored on its servers at the discretion of the client nor is Vishmitha Inc. responsible for the manner in which the client collects, handles, distributes or otherwise processes such personal information.
COOKIES, BEACONS, TAGS, AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
INFORMATION USE AND DISCLOSURE
Vishmitha Inc uses the information it collects about you to provide its services to you and may use your Personally Identifiable Information and Non-personally Identifiable Information:
- To contact you regarding functionality changes to our services or website.
- To contact you regarding any agreements or accepted terms that you may have with Vishmitha Inc.
- To provide you with marketing emails, special offers, advertising campaigns, or newsletters.
- To provide you with information logs associated with the use of Vishmitha Inc’s services.
- To collect payment and bill for our services.
- To respond to any requests from you regarding sales and support.
- To help personalize searches.
- To diagnose problems.
- To provide information to a third party in the event of any disposition of all or any portion of our
business (e.g. reorganization, sale, assignment, bankruptcy).
- To register your domain and IP address through ARIN (American Registry for Internet Numbers).
- To comply with law (e.g. subpoena) or similar legal process. Vishmitha Inc may be required to share
personal data in response to lawful requests from public authorities including to meet national
security and/or law enforcement requirements.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your
safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a written government request.
- To carry out other purposes as disclosed to you through the website, or found in terms or an
agreement between you and Vishmitha Inc.
UPDATES TO YOUR INFORMATION
Your personally identifiable information is important and we maintain safeguards to protect its disclosure. Vishmitha Inc uses industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption for your data that is transferred over the internet, and we only share personally identifiable information to employees and third parties who need the information to perform a specific responsibility. Despite its use of encryption, Vishmitha Inc cannot guarantee any method of transmission of information over the internet is 100% secure. Should Vishmitha Inc become aware of an actual breach of your personally identifiable information, we will notify you immediately.
18 Turbo Houses
Vishmitha Inc has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit http://www.bbb.org/EU-privacyshield/for-eu-consumers
for more information and to file a complaint.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through any of the above channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.
If your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, and your inquiry or complaint involves human resource data, you may have your complaint considered by an independent recourse mechanism: for EU/EEA Data Subjects, a panel established by the EU data protection authorities (“DPA Panel”), and for Swiss Data Subjects, the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (“FDPIC”). To do so, you should contact the state or national data protection or labor authority in the jurisdiction where you work. Vishmitha Inc agrees to cooperate with the relevant national DPAs and to comply with the decisions of the DPA Panel and the FDPIC.
Vishmitha Inc’s Privacy Shield compliance is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the
U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Our website and/or services is not directed at children and our services are designed for businesses. We do not knowingly collect information from or about children under 13 years of age, and use of our services by children under 13 years of age is forbidden.
Vishmitha Inc, Privacy Matters
18 Turbo Houses